Donate to Alicia Payne for Canberra
Alicia Payne is the Labor candidate for the federal seat of Canberra in the ACT for the 2019 federal election. Alicia was born and grew up in Canberra and is now raising her baby son there. She is an economist whose focus has been on social policy. Alicia spent the first five years of her career at the National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling (NATSEM) publishing on issues such as poverty and inequality and the impact of public policy on families. She worked for five years at Commonwealth Treasury on Social Policy and personal income tax. Most recently Alicia worked as a senior adviser on social policy to Opposition Leader Bill Shorten and then as Chief of Staff to Jenny Macklin, Shadow Minister for Social Services. She Alicia went on leave from this position in early 2018 to have her baby and she is currently sharing her time between mothering and campaigning. Alicia has been a volunteer in the Canberra community for many years, including on the Board of Belconnen Community Service where she spent three years as the elected President.
Alicia is passionate about addressing disadvantage and inequality, including gender inequality. In particular she wants to focus on expanding access to paid parental leave for both parents, access to affordable quality early childhood education and care, seeing the National Disability Insurance Scheme deliver on the choice and control promised, and ensuring Australia has a strong social security system.
"I’m running because I have seen the difference that Labor Governments can make to people’s lives. I want to be part of ensuring our community becomes fairer, not less fair, and my young son reminds me just how important this is."
By submitting the form above, you confirm that the following statements are true and accurate:
- The funds I am donating are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
- This payment is not made by or on behalf of a 'property developer' as defined in Regulation 5.3 (15) of the ACT Labor Party Rules.
- This payment is not made by or on behalf of the 'tobacco industry' as prohibited by the ALP Code of Conduct for Fundraising in clause 54.
By submitting the form above, you confirm that you understanding the following statements:
- Donations totalling $1,000 or more are subject to disclosure under the Australian Capital Territory Electoral Act 1992.
- Donations over $13,500 are subject to disclosure under the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918.