Donate to Nancy Waites for Senate (ACT)
Nancy Waites is Labor's second candidate for the Senate in the ACT for the 2019 federal election. Nancy has studied, worked and lived in Canberra for 20 years, and is an active member of local community groups. Nancy has diverse working experience across the public, private and non profit sectors. The unifying link is a passion for social justice and an enjoyment of working with people from other cultures and backgrounds. She worked for over five years in the Commonwealth public service, in the private sector as a management consultant and then a marketing manager, as policy advisor to Labor’s Parliamentary Secretary for Social Inclusion and for five years headed up World Vision Australia’s Government Relations team. Nancy founded and runs Canberra en français magazine – a bilingual French-English magazine telling local stories with a French language connection. She also established her local residents association and remains an active member of its leadership group, and is on the board of the Alliance Française de Canberra. In her spare time, she enjoys bushwalking and skiing with her husband and their two boisterous children.
Nancy is being mentored by Trish Crossin, former federal senator for the NT.
"Evidence shows that the more diverse the decision-making group, the better the decisions. If elected to the Senate, I would work to ensure a variety of women’s voices are heard to make sure we make the most of, and celebrate, Australia’s great cultural diversity."
By submitting the form above, you confirm that the following statements are true and accurate:
- The funds I am donating are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
- This payment is not made by or on behalf of a 'property developer' as defined in Regulation 5.3 (15) of the ACT Labor Party Rules.
- This payment is not made by or on behalf of the 'tobacco industry' as prohibited by the ALP Code of Conduct for Fundraising in clause 54.
By submitting the form above, you confirm that you understanding the following statements:
- Donations totalling $1,000 or more are subject to disclosure under the Australian Capital Territory Electoral Act 1992.
- Donations over $13,500 are subject to disclosure under the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918.