Who is EMILY?
EMILY is an acronym which stands for Early Money Is Like Yeast – it makes the dough rise. Giving women candidates financial support early in their campaigns provides them with the foundations on which to build a successful campaign and attract more financial support.
- Australia’s only financial, political and personal network for supporting progressive Labor women candidates into parliament
- A not for profit, membership based organisation governed by a National Committee and run by a National Office.
We aim to:
- Increase the number of progressive women MPs in Australian state, territory and federal parliaments
- Achieve a critical mass of EMILY’s List MPs committed to pursuing a progressive parliamentary agenda
- Influence ALP policies relating to equity, diversity, choice, child care and equal pay
- Ensure a pipeline of future women candidates by encouraging a diversity of women to consider a parliamentary career